Right here is how the NFL playoff picture appears to be like to be like now that Week 16 has begun.
x — 1. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (11-three): AFC West leader. Chargers’ loss to Baltimore potential Sufficient.C. now take one some distance flung from dwelling-field advantage. Sunday’s command over with to Seattle followed by Week 17 dwelling game vs. Raiders.
2. Houston Texans (10-4): AFC South leader. Look who’s all straight away in line for per week off in postseason. Will sew up division with but but another take and would upgrade to a bye by combining victory with but another Contemporary England loss.
three. Contemporary England Patriots (9-5): AFC East leader. They’ll wrap up division for 10th straight time by beating Buffalo but need assist from Houston or Kansas Metropolis to come by assist into bye mix.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5-1): AFC North leader. Lose to Saints, and they lose division consequence in Baltimore.
x — 5. Los Angeles Chargers (11-three): Wild card No. 1. Their shot at No. 1 seed comparatively important gone after loss to Ravens. Bolts would want to soak up Week 17 and hope Chiefs lose final two video games.
6. Baltimore Ravens (9-6): Mammoth take moves them closer to a berth and, perhaps, the AFC North lead. Week 6 take over Titans restores Ravens into wild-card gap. Tennessee’s take earlier Saturday officially ended Cleveland Browns’ faint hopes of qualifying.
7. Tennessee Titans (9-6): Build no longer qualify for postseason at this point.
8. Indianapolis Colts (8-6): Build no longer qualify for postseason at this point.
9. Miami Dolphins (7-7): Build no longer qualify for postseason at this point.
y — 1. Contemporary Orleans Saints (12-2): NFC South champions. Need but but another take to tell dwelling-field advantage. They’d furthermore come by it if Rams and Bears each lose.
y — 2. Los Angeles Rams (11-three): NFC West champions. They’re now three-three after that 8-zero commence. However a take over Arizona combined with a Chicago loss would give L.A. a first-spherical bye.
y — three. Chicago Bears (10-4): NFC North champions. Division champs and playoff toddle for first time since 2010. Bears’ turnaround potential for 15th time in past 16 NFL seasons, at the least one crew has gone from worst to first after a final-build perform in outdated year. Earlier victory over Rams affords them respectable shot of getting a bye. Discover this week would guarantee they cannot perform with seed worse than No. three.
4. Dallas Cowboys (8-6): NFC East leader. Division is theirs with but but another take. A loss by the Eagles would furthermore clinch it.
5. Seattle Seahawks (8-6): Wild card No. 1. Washington’s loss Saturday potential take-and-in scenario for Seahawks against Kansas Metropolis.
6. Minnesota Vikings (7-6-1): Wild card No. 2. Within the event that they topple Detroit, and Philly suffers a defeat, then Minnesota clinches a wild card.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (7-7): Build no longer qualify for postseason at this point.
8. Washington Redskins (7-8): Build no longer qualify for postseason at this point.
9. Carolina Panthers (6-8): Build no longer qualify for postseason at this point.
x — clinched playoff berth
y — clinched division
Discover Nate Davis on Twitter @ByNateDavis