ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) — A teenage lady with measles who visited multiple tourist destinations in Southern California earlier this month — alongside with the Disneyland Resort, Santa Monica Pier and Unusual Studios — would possibly well also maintain exposed various folks to the disease, health officials acknowledged Friday.
The girl, who traveled from Unusual Zealand, used to be in Southern California from Aug. 11 to Aug. 15, per a press start from the Orange County Health Care Agency. She stayed on the Desert Fingers Hotel, positioned at 631 West Katella Avenue, on these dates.
The youngster visited Disneyland and California Adventure on Aug. 12, the news start acknowledged.
The Los Angeles County Health Department launched particulars of doable publicity locations, in accordance with the contaminated lady’s itinerary:
- August 11, 2019 – Los Angeles World Airport, Terminal eight, between 9:00p.m.-11:30p.m.
- Aug. 14, 2019 – Unusual Studios, 100 Unusual Metropolis Plaza, Unusual Metropolis*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – TCL Chinese Theatres, 6925 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Madame Tussauds, 6933 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood*
- Aug. 15, 2019 The New Farmers Market, 6333 West 1/three Aspect toll road, Los Angeles*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Santa Monica Pier and Coastline, 200 Santa Monica Pier, Santa Monica*
- Aug. 15, 2019 – Los Angeles World Airport, Tom Bradley World Terminal, between 6:00p.m.-11:59p.m.
- Time frames for the locations with an asterisk (*) are serene underneath investigation by the Orange County Health Care Agency.
The Health Care Agency acknowledged it has since been working with the hotel and the Anaheim theme parks to set folks who had identified shut-contact within the case.
“There’s no identified present likelihood associated to measles that exists at these venues right now,” the L.A. County Health Department acknowledged in a Friday assertion.
Dr. Pam Hymel, Disney Parks’ chief clinical officer, acknowledged in a press start:
“We had been notified that the tourist visited multiple Southern California locations and had been rapid by OC Health Care Agency that the likelihood to solid and guests is seemingly low. We defend rigorous sanitation requirements to give protection to guests and solid, and earlier this twelve months we bolstered our immunization program and academic assets for solid individuals, as properly as to our ongoing efforts.”
County health officials urged someone who used to be within the affected locations on the relevant times to notice themselves for illness with fever or an unexplained rash from 7 days to 21 days after their publicity. If signs type, sufferers will maintain to stop home and talk to a health provider straight, the Health Care Agency acknowledged.
DEVELOPING: More particulars will seemingly be added to this document as they change into available. The Walt Disney Co. is the parent company of Disneyland Resort and ABC7.
Copyright © 2019 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.